Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Wants- Molly B Right

 
http://www.mollybright.com/latest/

Sometimes I'm a little late to the party.  Everyone may already know about her, but I'm obsessed with Molly B. Right's art.  It is beautiful and I love how textural it is.  She lays layers of vintage bottlecaps and then goes over them with a wash to create beautiful portraits.
I think the historical portraits are my favorite.  The prominent people mixed with a modern and unique medium is so cool to me.



Washington

I love how she captured the movement of Van Gogh's paintings
Vincent

The Chuck Close is super cool too.  It reminds me so much of his work, but with a different medium.
Chuck
 
A self portrait by Chuck Close
via
All images are from the artists site www.mollybright.com.

 
They look amazing in homes and make such a statement.  I want one!
 I'm not picky I'll take any of them.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment