And then I got to work, removing a million kazillion staples. I really have no set method to my madness. I make sure to document every step with pictures and take notes.
This couch once I got it apart was even more work than I had expected. The springs were gone in most of them and a lot of the webbing was rotted as well.
At this point, I gave up for a week until Erin had a fit and said it had to be finished and out of the living room. She loves living with me...
I used this tutorial as a guide for the webbing and spring tying. My poor fingers were so sore by the end!
Then it was on to the upholstering. I used the removed fabric as a pattern for the new fabric and started putting it back together. The cushions once I finished them looked a little flat, so I made down inserts to go on the top. I really wanted down cushions, but it was just way to expensive and messy. Those stupid feathers get everywhere!
And the back view.
I do kinda love it. This was a live and learn project for me. In retrospect, I would have hired out the spring tying and webbing it was a pain and it's not super comfy since I was a first timer. And I probably would have chosen a bright solid linen fabric. I wanted something graphic, but by the time I finished I was already a little tired of it. Since I have been away for a few months though looking at pictures it looks fresh again, winner!
Before and after