I pulled some of the orange tones from the rug and used it in the art for the walls. I loved the botanical silhouettes on design sponge. It was a cheap and relatively easy solution for our walls.
Here's a link to her tutorial. I didn't have a botanical calendar on hand and it would be defeating the purpose to go buy one. I just found prints on the internet I liked and sketched it onto a piece of paper.
1. I divided my paper into four equal sections
- Measure four equal sections of the paper you use. I used a 12x12 sheet of scrapbook paper
- Sketch the design on a piece of scrap paper the same size as 1 section
- Cut out the sketched design to use as a template
- Trace the template on all four sections flipping it so the center stays the same
- Then carefully cut out the design you traced
I removed the backs of picture frames I already had and hung them without a back. It makes them have more depth, because of the shadow it casts on the wall.
All together the new rug, rorschach, and new drapes