Friday, September 7, 2012

Rugs and Rorschach

After a couple weeks in our house I realized we really needed a rug.  I love the looks of wood floor, but it's not very comfy.  I really wanted something graphic, but most of the more modern ones I liked were out of our price range and would have to be ordered.  I'm all for online shopping but rugs are hard for me to visualize and I need to see them in person.  We set out for a discount rug store near our house.  It's hit or miss, but I got lucky.  We found this Paula Deen rug that perfectly matched our colors and both of us actually liked.


I pulled some of the orange tones from the rug and used it in the art for the walls.  I loved the botanical silhouettes on design sponge.  It was a cheap and relatively easy solution for our walls. 
Here's a link to her tutorial.  I didn't have a botanical calendar on hand and it would be defeating the purpose to go buy one.   I just found prints on the internet I liked and sketched it onto a piece of paper. 
1. I divided my paper into four equal sections
  1. Measure four equal sections of the paper you use.  I used a 12x12 sheet of scrapbook paper

  2. Sketch the design on a piece of scrap paper the same size as 1 section

  3. Cut out the sketched design to use as a template

  4. Trace the template on all four sections flipping it so the center stays the same

  5. Then carefully cut out the design you traced
I removed the backs of picture frames I already had and hung them without a back.  It makes them have more depth, because of the shadow it casts on the wall. 






All together the new rug, rorschach, and new drapes


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
UndertheTableandDreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment