Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Table Turned Desk

I've gone a little crazy lately with homemade cleaners.  As in, I have now made homemade laundry detergent, dishwasher deteregent, Febreeze, tub cleaner, Windex, and Oxyclean.  Our house has never been so clean!  Erin is so over it right now.  I think I've come home everyday for the last week with a new recipe!

Needless to say, I haven't been doing a lot of major projects lately.  I did manage to paint our old kitchen table on my day off though. 

It had a veneer top with a really weird finish.

Erin and I really wanted a desk area for work.  This table was too big for the kitchen area and since we have a new old table there now I decided to make this one our desk.


 


I primed it with Kilz and then painted it with a couple coats of Martha Stewart's Pink Sea Salt.  Then I finished it with a coat of polyurethane.  It all went downhill here.  I learned the hard way you can't use polyurethane on white paint; it turns a not-so-lovely yellow.  So I got to do the whole thing over again and finish it with polyacrylic. 

The guest bedroom is a little on the small side, so I mounted half the table to the wall to save on space.  I think I'm going to really like it in here.

Linked up to:
Ginger Snap Crafts
Polkadots on Parade
Southern Lovely





No comments:

Post a Comment