Thursday, January 10, 2013

Aunt Mertice's diner chair

Since I'm all about upholstering this week, I am sharing another upholstery project that was done over Christmas break.  I found an old diner looking chair in a shed at my aunt's house when we had a yard sale and thought it had a kinda cute shape.  It was all kinds of nasty though.

 And it was super rusty, so of course I packed it up and took it home with me. 

 I took it all apart and sanded off as much rust as possible.

It can be our little secret that I took it apart in the house.  Oops :)  not the brightest idea I've ever had, but in my defense it was really cold out.  Erin obviously was not home that day or else I would have been relegated to the garage.

 I took pictures of all the details so I would remember how to put it back together.

Then I used the fabric I took off as a pattern for the new fabric and cut new seats.

And started putting it back together. 

Tipper thought the new chair back was pretty comfy.
and yes she is sleeping on a future project.  I think I may need a twelve step program.

 I sprayed the frame with a few coats of spray paint.  In hindsight, a primer would have been smart to use.  And I have a new chair! 

Linked  to

No comments:

Post a Comment