Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Time

This weekend we finally started getting out our Christmas decorations.  I love this time of year, even if it is still in the upper 70s here!  I'm a major cheeseball but it just feels magical to me :)  Erin and I have super girly Christmas decor.  I decided we might as well go all out girly while we can; somehow I don't think most guys would go for a pink and purple Christmas.


  I always buy fresh wreaths and garland on sale the day after Thanksgiving.  I love the way they smell and having a little bit of fresh cedar without having to keep up a whole tree.  Sometimes I leave the wreaths alone, with the stock red bow especially if I am putting it on the door or at the end the end of the driveway.  For the one in the house, it needed spruced up a little bit.  I took the basic red bow off and put on a new silver and white one and wired on a few coordinating ornaments.  It's still really simple, but now it looks a little more cusotm and goes with the rest of the decor.


The garland went between the two largest columns.


Silver Christmas tree picks dressed up the dining room chandelier, and the obelisk tree candles were revamped for this year.


The fireplace is pretty simple for now.  I will admit though, I am pretty proud of that monogram.  It took quite a few hours with a jigsaw, but I did it.
 
Have you already gotten up your Christmas decor?

No comments:

Post a Comment