Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Tree Candles

I've been going in to Christmas overload at my house.  It seems like every spare minute I spend wrapping Christmas gifts or working on Christmas projects.

This week is no different.  I have had these candles FOR.E.VER. and you can tell.  They are definitely not traditional Christmas, but I'm kinda partial to them.  However, they are waay past the point of just turning them so you only see the good side.  They don't have a good side. 



 
I happened to have some silver leaf left laying around and decided to try it. I taped on the design .

 
Sprayed it with the leaf adhesive and applied the silver leaf.
 
I ran a exacto knife down each side of the tape so it wouldn't pull off the leaf.

The largest one I decided to monogram.  My way was a little goofy, but it worked.  I stuck strips of tape to the counter top and drew out my letter.


Then I silver leafed the top of the tape.

Flipped it over(so the sticky side is up) and cut out the "W"

Then I just stuck it on the candle.  I'm sure there is a much better way to do this, but it worked so I'm not complaining.



Nothing beats giving your old stuff a new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment