Monday, October 29, 2012

Pillow Tutorial

I finally put together a tutorial of the pillows I showed you a few weeks ago.  They are so simple to make.  I looked for the perfect floral FOR. E. VER. and finally gave up the search.  The colors I wanted were impossible to find or the pattern looked like Grandma's couch.  I found a fuschia and burgandy pattern that I liked.

I had a 18 inch pillow insert.  I don't like for the pillow case to be loose so I cut my fabric 1 inch smaller than the form.  So for an 18 inch pillow form I cut two 17 in squares of fabric. 


The most important step is to iron everything.  I ironed the two squares and then ironed a half inch seam on one side of each.

 
Put together the right sides and the ironed seams together
 

Sew a half inch seam on each side except for the one with the ironed seam.
 
Clip the corners so it will be neat when you invert it.
Sorry for the terrible picture.

Flip the pillow case inside out.  I use a pen or pencil to push the corners out and then put in the pillow form.
Pin together the bottom and sew, this time I used a 1/4 inch seam.

And you are done!
 
 
Once you get the hang of it, it only takes a few minutes to whip one up.




No comments:

Post a Comment