Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Artsy

I love having original art in our home, I try to buy pieces I love if I can afford it.  It's not always an option for me though.  I wanted something huge for my bedroom in the apartment to serve as the headboard.

I bought the biggest canvas Hobby Lobby had and got to work.  I didn't even get to hang it on the wall though; we bought our house pretty much as soon as I finished it.

 
I decided to use it as the basis for my bedroom.  I'm thinking the walls are going to be swimming pool blue.  It will probably take a few testers to get that color right :)
 
The painting is no where close to perfect, but I really like it.  All my art projects are not such a success though.  This Georgia O'keefe inspired one didn't turn out so hot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment