Now for a quick how to. I found a nice solid wood headboard at the thrift store for about $20. I measured the footboard and cut it in half.
My foot board was a little shorter than I wanted it so I cut off the original legs and added store bought table legs for extra height.
I used dowel rods and wood glue to connect the headboard and footboard. Erin helped me with this step, math is not my forte.
For the seat I used 1x3 slats and rested them on the top ledge of the footboard and used corner brackets to attach them. Then I just sanded the whole thing and spray painted it. I used Valspar spray paint which is the bomb diggity. It covers so quickly and doesn't run.
For the cushion I followed this tutorial and made quick pillows.
I looooove the way it turned out!
P.S. I had planned to update regularly, but Nicaraguan electricity has other plans so I will update as I can.